#1 For Air Conditioning Installation Company In Longwood, FL, With Over 400 Five-Star Reviews
Air conditioning is vital to the comfort of your home and family. Living in Longwood, FL, requires an energy-efficient AC system. When your air conditioning is not performing at its peak, it affects your entire family. Don’t suffer through another season with a faulty AC unit; let the professionals at Air Tech of Central Florida guide you through selecting and installing a new air conditioner. We have over 40 years of experience in the heating and cooling industry and take pride in being the best air conditioning contractors in the Longwood, FL, area.
Even with regular maintenance, air conditioners reach a point where they can’t keep up with the cooling demands of your household. To continue enjoying optimal cooling and efficiency, it’s time to talk to Air Tech about air conditioning installation.
Signs You Need A New Air Conditioner
Ideally, you want to install an AC system that maintains peak comfort in your home while also providing high energy efficiency. Most central AC units last about fifteen years, so your system eventually fails to keep up with your cooling needs, even with regular maintenance. Below, we list some signs that it may be time to replace your air conditioning system.
- High Energy Bills - An increase in your energy bills doesn’t necessarily mean that your air conditioner needs replacing. Higher-than-average temperatures or more time spent at home may account for the jump in cost, but only sometimes. If you notice a significant jump in your bill, an inefficient or struggling air conditioner may be the culprit.
- Airflow Issues - As a homeowner, you have every right to be concerned when interior temperatures don’t match your expectations of what they should be. If you notice that some rooms in your house aren’t cooling down while others are too cool, this is a sign of uneven air distribution. Additionally, if you detect warm air coming from your vents when the AC is on, this could signal a problem with your system.
- Short Cycling - Short cycling means that your air conditioner is constantly turning on and off. Even though the temperature in the house hasn’t changed, the AC continues to regulate the temperature. Short cycling is a sure sign that your air conditioner needs repair or replacement soon.
- Noises Coming From the AC Unit - If your air conditioner suddenly starts making banging, clanking, or loud humming sounds, it’s time to call in an expert. Your system contains many small moving parts, and strange noises nearly always indicate something amiss.
- High Humidity - One of the things air conditioning does is regulate the humidity in your home. High humidity levels force the air conditioner to work harder, causing a drop in performance and efficiency. If your home feels more humid than usual, this almost certainly points to an AC issue.
- Water Leaks - Noticing a leak in your air conditioner, no matter how minor, is a sure sign of an air conditioner problem. Leaks may cause water damage and contribute to the buildup of mold, mildew, and musty smells.
- Unpleasant Odors - If you smell an unusual odor from your air conditioner, chances are that moisture is the cause. Water in the AC unit is a veritable welcome mat for microbes, leading to the growth of toxic molds and mildew. Repair or replacement of your air conditioner keeps the air free of odor and bacteria entering your home through the vents.
Every air conditioner needs regular maintenance and the occasional repair to keep it running smoothly. However, once the repairs occur more frequently and become more expensive than they’re worth, it’s time to install a new AC system.
A simple way of determining whether air conditioner repairs exceed the system’s value involves the $5,000 rule. Take the age of the AC unit and multiply it by the repair cost. If the total is less than $5,000, get the repair. However, an amount over $5,000 means that replacing the unit is the more cost-effective option.
Don't sit around and wait for an HVAC technician. We're here for you!
Ask about our payment plan options and pay the way you'd like.
Talk to our HVAC team today during a free estimate.
Get peace of mind with our warranty-backed services.
Types Of Air Conditioning Systems
When considering air conditioner replacement, many homeowners opt to stay with the same type of unit as before. However, some decide to change to a different kind of system that better meets the needs of their household. At Air Tech of Central Florida, our experience extends from large to small AC units. Our installation pros are ready to help you determine the best type of AC system to keep your home comfortable.
- Installing a Central Air Conditioner - Central air conditioning installation requires time, training, and expertise. One of the most expensive types of air conditioning, central air requires connecting the AC unit and installing a duct system or ensuring that your current ducts are compatible with your new system.
- Installing a Window Unit - A common air conditioning option, window units maximize space while effectively cooling your home. They’re ideal for smaller areas and offer an energy-efficient and cost-effective way to increase the comfort of your space.
- Installing a Wall Unit of Ductless Split System - Neither ductless split systems nor wall units require ductwork to operate. All they need is a bit of ceiling or wall space to begin cooling. The main difference between the two is the means of controlling the temperature: ductless systems utilize a wall-mounted thermostat, while wall units require manual adjustments. However, for an inexpensive and effective cooling solution, ductless or wall mounts fit the bill.
- Air Conditioning Installation Cost - Like any home system, the cost of installing a new air conditioning system depends on several factors. Size, airflow capacity, and energy efficiency play crucial roles in selecting the system that meets your requirements. Additional factors include the type of unit you choose (central air, window unit, etc.).
Costs for a new air conditioning system typically range from about $3,000 to $10,000. The price varies according to the complexity and time it takes to install. At Air Tech of Central Florida, we offer price transparency and honest estimates so that no surprises arise late in the process.
Should I repair or replace my air conditioner?
Air Tech In Central Florida | Your #1 Air Conditioning Contractors
Air Tech in Central Florida is the preferred provider of air conditioner installation in Orange County and the surrounding areas. Our technicians undergo extensive training and certification in all aspects of heating and air conditioning systems. They utilize that experience when evaluating, installing, and repairing a wide variety of top-rated HVAC brands, always keeping in step with new technologies.
Air Tech technicians are your choice for punctual and trustworthy experts. Before going out in the field, we thoroughly vet them to ensure your safety and comfort. Rest assured that choosing Air Tech means choosing professionals who know their industry, answering all questions, and keeping you updated throughout the repair or installation process.
As a family-owned business, Air Tech understands that you want the best for your family. That’s why we exclusively use EPA- and ENERGY STAR-certified brands. Our focus is on forging long-term relationships with our customers by offering superior products and services.